This is a software package that provides a recorder functionality for the author within Adobe AEM. All changes made to pages by an author can be recorded into sessions. A session has a unique name and contains a list of pages that have been changed during that session. Upon starting a session the author assigns it a unique name.
1.0-SNAPSHOT. Will be released soon.
Supported CQ/AEM Versions
Currently tested with AEM 5.6.1. Please feel free to test it with other versions and give feedback where it works or does not work.
- Integrated within the Sidekick
- Integration within Sidekick based on sidekickready event WITHOUT using OVERLAYS. SO AEM code is not changed.
- Author can start, stop, resume or delete a “session” (Nothing to do with HTTP Session or JCR Session, rather a container to identify all changes)
- Changes are grouped into sessions
- Author can define multiple sessions
- Changes made within a session can be activated at once. No need to jump across different pages anymore
- Overview Page located at /content/insideaem/recorder. (This can be customized to meet your needs). Please contact us!
- ACL’s based access control through Overview Page. Record functionality is available only to authors that have read access to the Recorder Overview page
You have found this software to be helpful and need some customization? Please contact us.
Source Code & Continuous Integration
This software package is for free and can be downloaded here: InsideAEM Recorder Download.
If you found this software helpful you can make a donation by adding it to your shopping cart and completing the checkout process.